Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done" - JG
(06-27-2019, 02:21 AM)BengalChris Wrote: And those injured players are another year older and the influx of youth has not taken hold as planned. Regardless of what the fans think, we aren't favored to win much.

Individually we have talent at key positions, but the depth is weak. If Mixon were to go down there's no one close to his talent. Mike Brown doesn't keep a talented backup QB cause rookie deals are so much cheaper. After Green we have Boyd, but they are both our starters. No one to come in and take up the slack when one of them is missing, as last year proved.

Who exactly are our backup OTs??? Jerry play some backup LT for part of one season in Miami. Maybe it's him.

Would any of our LBers start on a decent NFL team? I doubt it.

We have talent in the secondary and the D line and with the starting skilled positions on offense. After that it's really just a bunch of so-so guys.

1.) Health is a major concern for any team. Guys like AJ Green and Tyler Eifert do not grow on trees. Any team would have a problem replacing them.

2.) Can't disagree with you more on your take about RBs. Bernard is a starting capable player in his own right and we drafted two good ones in the draft. 
2b.) Know teams really invest in Backup QBs in free agency; the Bengals did what every other team does and drafted a backup early in the draft.
2C.) I get your point but How many 4th Are can replace the production. If AJ gets hurt again we are in trouble. If he doesn't though we're good.

3.) Yes our offensive tackle situation is bleek we should consider making a trade for at least a backup swing tackel. With that being said I believe Glenn can be a decent starter for us this season at LT. Hart is the bigger concern for me. 
To me the bigger question is Price can he rebound from a bad  year? I think Westerman can plug in and replace Boiling without problem. 

4.) I would say Vigil is underrated on this board and his injury in the middle of the season did more damage than people want to admit. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done&... - J24 - 06-27-2019, 01:09 PM
CLINT BOLING done.....?????? - corpjet - 06-27-2019, 08:30 AM