Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done" - JG
(06-27-2019, 05:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: FA....  they free agent has to agree to play here. as well...  Bengals usually have to overpay to bring in Free Agents.

Yes, I fully understand that. 
Hicks is from Cincinnati so there is an assumption he would be interested to play for his hometown team.
Williams re-signed with Carolina, which isn't really a bigger or more appealing market than Cincinnati IMO.

And if the Bengals have to overpay some, so be it. They still have nearly $20 mill in cap space. I get that they want to use a good amount of that for extensions, but it's not required to use money from the current year to extend a player. The Bengals could just take more of a cap hit in the future years instead.

The way they reserve money for extensions limits the amount they can/will offer to current FAs and therefore results in lackluster FA participation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done&... - ochocincos - 06-27-2019, 05:29 PM
CLINT BOLING done.....?????? - corpjet - 06-27-2019, 08:30 AM