Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done" - JG
(06-27-2019, 05:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, I fully understand that. 
Hicks is from Cincinnati so there is an assumption he would be interested to play for his hometown team.
Williams re-signed with Carolina, which isn't really a bigger or more appealing market than Cincinnati IMO.

And if the Bengals have to overpay some, so be it. They still have nearly $20 mill in cap space. I get that they want to use a good amount of that for extensions, but it's not required to use money from the current year to extend a player. The Bengals could just take more of a cap hit in the future years instead.

The way they reserve money for extensions limits the amount they can/will offer to current FAs and therefore results in lackluster FA participation.

It's not required but I'm sure the player would like signing bonuses and the team can use this year to help spread out money to lower cap hits.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done&... - Synric - 06-27-2019, 05:34 PM
CLINT BOLING done.....?????? - corpjet - 06-27-2019, 08:30 AM