Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done" - JG
(06-28-2019, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am saying that if we had signed Williams you would be crying about the Bengals giving money to a guy with a bad injury on a one year deal when even his own team would not re-sign him.

When we signed the leagues leading tackler in the '18 offseason fans whine because it was just a one year deal.  Think what they would have done if we had done that with a guy who had missed the entire previous season. 

People generally look at what we have and what we could have had. Williams is a better option than Hart. In your scenario, if they signed Williams and people didn't realize they were going to sign Hart...yeah people might complain. But, knowing they signed Hart who is terrible...Williams looks like a better option.

They do it with the current line too. There are posts claiming a line of Hart/Miller/Hopkins/Price/Glenn will be adequate. I see people saying Hart is a decent OT as he is better than Ced and Fisher. (Just because Ced and Fisher were terrible and Hart is 'better' than them doesn't make him a good OT. Price was terrible at Center last year and Hopkins did slightly better...but that doesn't make Hopkins a good Center either.

Without Boling and Williams, our line could actually be worse than the past 2 years...and I just don't think making a huge trade is the remedy to save the season. I think there are too many other issues.

We whiffed bigtime in free agency. That's the real issue.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done&... - THE PISTONS - 06-28-2019, 01:16 PM
CLINT BOLING done.....?????? - corpjet - 06-27-2019, 08:30 AM