Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done" - JG
(06-26-2019, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When Glenn and Westerman look to be the strength of the line...it's HUGE trouble.

They wouldn't play Westerman when they were desperate.

Westerman had an illness that caused him to lose weight and strength right when they needed him most to compete at RG.  Redmond won the job out of sheer strength and attitude, but he has clear agility and experience issues.  I would imagine Miller will win the job at RG over Redmond, especially since he is out the first four games with suspension, but Redmond can at least provide some depth at the guard position once his suspension is over.

Westerman has to see this as his final shot.  He had bad luck (an illness isn't an injury, but whatever he had it had the same consequences) and the book on him is great absolute strength but a bit behind in terms of knowing the offense.  Well, he better be studying his ass off and, hopefully, the system and the coaches can help as well.  

We know ZT likes big and strong in the middle of the offensive line and Westerman still gives us that at LG.  I think the biggest problem with Glenn is motivation and conditioning.  He is far more talented, but I don't know if he lives and breathes it like Williams.

Redmond was a solid run blocker that struggled in pass protection.  I know his PFF rankings weren't stellar, but the naked eye showed he could move guys in the run game.  Westerman was the other half of this duo that we had high hopes for contributing to the line.  I believe he will show better than Redmond.  At least this go-around he is starting with everyone else as far as learning the offense and should be 100% healthy.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done&... - SHRacerX - 07-01-2019, 08:15 AM
CLINT BOLING done.....?????? - corpjet - 06-27-2019, 08:30 AM