Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today is the half way point of the season.
Reds hitters really started off slow. Hardly anyone was even at .250 through the first two months of the year.
Now, Votto, Suarez, Iglesias, Winker, Senzel, and Casali are all above .250 and Puig is approaching that fast too.
I expect Scooter will also get there but since he just got back healthy but he's knocking the rust off right now.
I expect by sometime in August we could see all 8 starters (Suarez, Senzel, Winker, Puig, Votto, Iglesias, Gennett, Casali) above .250.

I think this team will finish above .500 by year's end but still may miss the postseason. Definitely would be an improvement though. Need to keep a couple of these guys beyond this year or have adequate replacements if they leave (Gennett, Puig, Iglesias). I think out of those 3 guys with best replacement, it'd be Puig with Phil Ervin. Peraza can take over 2B or SS but he doesn't have as good of a bat. Scooter is obviously a fan favorite but he may cost more to re-sign compared to Iglesias.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Today is the half way point of the season. - ochocincos - 07-03-2019, 10:32 AM