Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross struggled with consistency during spring practices
(07-07-2019, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh...the interview where he praised Mike Brown. The fact that he seems to be happy with the free agent signings including Hart. No coach would be happy with this use of $50+ million. Taylor hiring guys like Turner who likely no other NFL team would hire.

A bunch of things.

They hired a very inexperienced HC. That's a fact.

7 tries for a DC that nobody had ever heard of before he became our DC, lol.  Everything about the Taylor hire/staffing/FA process was a reminder of who really runs this team and what it's philosophy is.  

I got suckered in early.  I thought we'd have Jack Del Rio as a DC playing the role of Wade Phillips.  I thought Mikey would give Taylor a chance to get a few outside FAs or the caliber that Marvin got in 03.  Wynn, Miller and Webb aren't those guys.  They are roster backfill crap and a washed-out guard who got benched in Buffalo on a line almost as bad as ours.  

Taylor seemed exciting when he was hired, but as the process went on he came off more and more as a patsy who's just happy to be one of 32 dudes to have a HC job in the NFL, even if it's on a second rate half-stepping team like this one.  Firing Marvin was a half-measure.  The roster is basically identical.  Wash, rinse, repeat.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ross struggled with consistency during spring practices - samhain - 07-07-2019, 11:57 PM