Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross struggled with consistency during spring practices
(07-08-2019, 01:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Usage is one thing and I agree that our coaches weren't that innovative...BUT that doesn't negate the fact that he got a lot of opportunities in Year 2 and had a REALLY low catch rate.

Heck for several games he was the #1 WR.

I fail to see how calling different plays will make him catch it.

As a group, we seem to have this confusion with "receptions/targets - catch rate" and "drops".  How many drops did Ross have?  How many did he have in the Red Zone?  Did he seem to have fewer drops as the season wore on?  For what was essentially his rookie season, I thought he progressed well in his limited role.  

I am not saying he is anywhere near Pro Bowl level, nor is he proving himself worthy of the #9 overall pick, but I saw enough to think that with the right mind as OC, he might just surprise this year.  

For the life of me, I can't fathom why the never ran screens or slants with him when his coverage was so far off...Seemed like easy pickings to me, especially for Dalton with his quick release.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ross struggled with consistency during spring practices - SHRacerX - 07-08-2019, 04:52 PM