Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross struggled with consistency during spring practices
(07-09-2019, 10:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Chad put up 1166 yards in his second season. Then he went on to 5 straight Pro Bowls which included 2 First-Team All-Pros.
I'd say Ross is more like Peter Warrick if we are comparing to former high draft picks of the Bengals, but even then Warrick put up 592+ yards in each of his first four seasons.

I really liked the Ross pick and thought he would become a difference maker, but this is a make-or-break year for him. If he can't catch on in Taylor's scheme, it shows it wasn't Marvin holding him back,
Do you know who Chad credits for a great deal of his success?  He said Jon Kitna pulled him aside and repeatedly worked with him after practice until they got the timing and route tree down.  Kitna is one of the most underrated football minds that breezed through Cincinnati.  He did a pretty damn good job with a very limited amount of athleticism.  I wish he had been able to stay around as a coach.  My point of bringing up Kitna was that Chad had athleticism galore, but struggled with the playbook and nuances of being an NFL wide receiver.  Kitna made a point to give him extra work and help him.  I'm not saying our existing coaches aren't trying to work with Ross, but I don't care what anyone says...Ross was not Marvin's choice (he wanted Reuben Foster) and that was very apparent in a lot of his dealings with Ross.  
Ross didn't help himself with the childish "healthy scratch" post on social media, but it DID show him dusting guys.  And I am sure after that stunt that he was pretty strongly planted in the dog house.  
We can revisit all of this after a year under ZT.  Hoping for the best.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ross struggled with consistency during spring practices - SHRacerX - 07-09-2019, 01:51 PM