Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL 100-your first memory of football
3 more weeks until football!

In honor of NFL's 100th bday, what is your first Bengals memory and what is your first NFL memory?

My first Bengal memory was the Freezer Bowl. I lived in Kansas and didn't have a favorite in this game. I was a Cowboy and Chiefs fan back then. I rooted for them because I always rooted against the California team. I always rooted for them after that.

My first NFL memory starts with my brother. When he was about 7 he played on a pee wee football team. One of his teammates was the son of the Redskins backup QB. The QB acted as an assistant coach. He would bring all sorts of equipment from the Redskins camp, including the playbook. So picture 7-year-olds running double reverses. This team stayed together for 3 years and was undefeated that entire time. The QB got the boys and their families tickets to a game in 1968. It was a Cowboy-Redskins game. Don Meridith vs Sonny Jurgenson in the old RFK stadium. I rooted for the Cowboys because of their blue uniforms and likely just to be contrary to everyone else. I have no idea of who won but I was hooked on watching football from then on

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NFL 100-your first memory of football - pally - 07-05-2019, 02:56 PM