Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
The one thing we're generally not privy to when it comes to trades are how the players who are about to become free agents feel. Of course they want the most money, most players do, but they also want to be in the thick of things in the standings.
If an impending FA wants a gazillion bucks for average performance of course you trade them to get something in return even if it's some minor league player with some promise. Teams don't have unlimited cash to sign every player who thinks he's worth a kings ransom.. I think a lot of fans get caught up in thinking they actually have all the money in the world when in fact they have to work within a certain budget.
If Puig were to come right out to demand a billion dollar contract he'd be on the next plane out and the same for Roark and Wood. If, on the other hand they're reasonable people and actually like playing for the Reds it's a completely different discussion. We as fans don't generally get to sit down with team ownership, the players and their agents.. Mostly we get some pundit's 3rd, 4th and often 5th hand account of what's really going on..
As for Dietrich? Other than some early homerun power he's shown little in actual team value. He gets hit by a lot of pitches to get on base, but you can hardly plan a season around getting hit by pitches.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - grampahol - 07-08-2019, 09:48 AM