Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-15-2019, 03:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Winker's defense is definitely not as good as Ervin or Puig, but that's why Winker is best suited for LF. Ervin is probably best suited for RF but he can play all three spots.

I don't want anyone to get the idea that I don't like Puig. I like him a lot actually. But, just like I thought with Scooter before Senzel was moved to CF, if there's potentially a good replacement waiting in the wings, I'd rather see the extra $$ spent elsewhere. With Roark, Wood, and DeSclafani all set to hit FA after this season, I think a lot of money will need to be shoveled into SP if the Reds really want to build off of this year.

I am right there with you. I like Puig and his attitude and what he brings to the team, but before he leaves and the Reds get nothing for him, why not trade him and start the other 3 with Peraza and Dietrich as the back-ups out there. Talking about 3 top draft picks in Winker, Senzel and Ervin all of whom are going to be under team control for several years. 

If Puig signs a deal and wants to stay, then all bets are off and you trade whoever you think you can part with from the others.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - Murdock2420 - 07-16-2019, 01:10 AM