Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-16-2019, 03:22 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I do get what you’re saying! Winker hasn’t impressed me this year. He tried to become a homerun hitter and it’s really hurt his OBP and the homers aren’t there either. He’s not very fast or a very good defender. I would be trying extend Puig but he probably won’t sign now. I don’t mind having 4 outfielders capable of starting because Bell will probably rotate 4 guys regardless of the quality of the 4th guy. Puig will probably go for the big bucks and if so, they’ll probably hold and let him walk at years end. I know I’m kinda talking in circles right now, sorry bout that!

Winker is on pace for 23 HRs (not great but solid) and his OBP is better than Puig and Suarez.
23 HRs was the same amount Scooter had last year, which was 2nd on the team last year.

Heck, everyone's BAs are down this year. Only one starter is actually at .270+, and that's Jose Iglesias (who has actually been struggling at the plate recently to cause his BA to drop). And between you and me, I actually prefer seeing hit after hit vs so many HRs and strikeouts like we see nowadays, but that's the way the game is trending.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - ochocincos - 07-16-2019, 09:58 AM