Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-16-2019, 09:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Winker is on pace for 23 HRs (not great but solid) and his OBP is better than Puig and Suarez.
23 HRs was the same amount Scooter had last year, which was 2nd on the team last year.

Heck, everyone's BAs are down this year. Only one starter is actually at .270+, and that's Jose Iglesias (who has actually been struggling at the plate recently to cause his BA to drop). And between you and me, I actually prefer seeing hit after hit vs so many HRs and strikeouts like we see nowadays, but that's the way the game is trending.

Last year he hit .299 and OBP was .404. This year he’s hitting .250 and his OBP is .330. Most of his HR’s were at the beginning of the year. His WAR is down to 0.1. He’s basically been a replacement level player this year. Winker and Peraza have the worst WAR of any position player on the team... King Votto isn’t doing much better. I didn’t count Scooter since he’s just getting back. The position players haven’t played well as a whole but Winker has been the worst so far.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - Circleville Guy - 07-17-2019, 02:51 PM