Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-17-2019, 02:20 PM)McC Wrote: Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.  The annual dump Votto nonsense.  VanMeter is a minor league monster and major league bum.  DO NOT even think about getting rid of Puig.  That's beyond stupid.  

And Mahle suxx.  Decent arm but no clue how to pitch.  2-10, headed for 4-20.  He has found his level and it is very low.  I get the impression the Reds have zero minor league pitching just from the fact that they keep sending Mahle out there.

Love your plan to stay bad for ten more years.  Woo hoo. Sooner or later, you have to start keeping people and stop trading everyone away.

Come on now McC... Nobody’s ideas are “beyond stupid”. There’s also no definitive on right or wrong here. We mostly just post some stats, followed by our opinions. I personally think that dumping Votto is nonsense but only because the team can’t without eating the money anyway. He hasn’t added anything to this team though. Mahle has been the worst of the Reds starters but he has a positive WAR which is all anyone usually can hope for from their number 5. Last years Homer Bailey qualified as “suxx”. Mahle is trending the wrong way, he probably has one of the worst run support in baseball. I agree with you on keeping Puig but it can’t be for a stupid ass Votto/Bailey type bad contract. The team just can’t continue to be handcuffed, that plan has contributed largely to why the team has been bad.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - Circleville Guy - 07-17-2019, 03:21 PM