Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-23-2019, 04:09 PM)firstand10 Wrote: If they trade any player trade VOTTO ! I know everybody thinks he's such a great player! But, he's a moody self righteous , poor player. He showed that last night when he hit with runners on and got out! He ran his jaws about that for a good while. Cowboy and Thom mentioined that he (Votto) doesn't like the hit and run. Cowboy,remarked "you do what you have to do to win ballgames"!

I’ve never been a big Votto fan. The guy has had a very good career and on some Reds boards you aren’t allowed to say one negative thing about him without half of the board wanting to beat you. He’s always seemed like a real jerk to me but baseball is about stats and not personality. I respect the numbers that he’s put up through the years, I do think that he obsessed over his personal stats and those have always been more important to him than winning. He knows that OBP is his only way to the hall so he tries extra hard to walk. The main point though is the now and not his great past. In the now, he is in a drastic decline. Outside of Crabtree’s, Votto is probably the worst remaining contract in all of baseball. He isn’t tradable! He’s only worth about 20% of what he’s signed for. How will the Reds handle this??????? They will continue to put the team in a bad spot by starting him 90% of the time and hitting him second and third in the lineup. The owners and managers are always cowards in these situations. There is zero reason for Votto to hit higher than sixth right now. Is there anyone in the world that disagrees with that? The manager and the owner knows this but his feelings are more important than the Reds winning. That sums up the organization, right there! They will also sacrifice all of next year even if he sucks all of the way through and that is really sad and pathetic. Will they also sacrifice the following 3 years???? I think they’ll eventually have him platoon the last 2 years at 25 mil per year, exciting huh? The point is that you are stuck with Votto regardless of how he plays and the Reds will sacrifice the first base position for the next 4 years just because he is Joey Votto. This will not end well! The love that Votto earned will turn to him being despised before the end. It would be great if he found a way to find enough to play respectable till the end but it isn’t looking good. Btw, sacrificing first base more than likely means sacrificing the playoffs for 4 years too!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - Circleville Guy - 07-23-2019, 08:09 PM