Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-24-2019, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  In fact I would guess that EVERYONE would disagree.

Votto is third on the team in batting average and 2nd in OB%.

He is sixth in slugging, but one of the guys ahead of him is Dietrich who is hitting .150 and slugging .290 over the last two months compared to Votto's .275 and .444.

Now, you made 2 points here that make a good argument! My thought is that Suarez and Puig have to hit 3 and 4. Do you agree with that? Votto has little speed and is prone to make a dozen base running mistakes every year. Right now I’d like to see if Ervin is in next years plans. He should either be hitting 2nd or 5th right now. He needs to be left in as a full time guy to see if he’s real or not. He has a higher OBP than Votto and is faster but obviously he hasn’t had as many at bats. If Senzel is gonna be out then Votto should probably stay at 2nd. Votto isn’t an ideal second place hitter though, he’s luckily playing on a team where nobody has hit well. Once scooter gets his spring training over, he would make a better #2. Again, these are all opinions. None of us are gods of baseball knowledge and it isn’t worth getting pissed off at other posters about.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - Circleville Guy - 07-24-2019, 07:51 PM