Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Interesting Article on Stripe Hype
(07-10-2019, 05:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely and blatantly false. This is what is SUPPOSED to happen, but it doesn't.

I was treated like crap and NOT promoted at my first job, yet they;

- wouldn't let me quit (Never made them aware of that fact that I needed the job)
- didn't let me transfer to *3* locations that DID value me
- always called me first to see if I could cover *4* different positions, even though my title was only one of those positions

When I finally did get a significantly better job in my field, they STILL tried to hold on to me and not let me go... and was still treated like shit.

(now I go by there all the time and everyone loves me again and I get perks and all that, but yeah...)

So yeah, it doesn't matter if you're valued or not; its a case by case basis on what you get and it has nothing to do of where you are on the food chain either, as was proven by the corporate jobs I've held (which I won't elaborate on as I'll be here all night).

We can talk case by case basis and all that.  I'm just saying when you work minimum wage you rarely get OT or benefits, then you get a "real" job and you make more money but you get more benefits and more perks, then you get free coffee, and then you get a job where you make even more money and you get more free food options and an assistant who gets you free stuff and THEN you get a job where you make even more money and you get stock options and so on.

All I'm saying is that it is flawed thinking to believe an athlete who is worth millions per year is more likely to pay for Gatorade than someone flipping burgers.  Meh, life isn't fair.  Organizations don't just stop with the free crap once they believe you should be able to pay for it...quite the contrary, really.

Let's look at a professional sports team.  If you scan tickets at the gate you are making like $8 an hour and you get no discounts and you have to pay every year for at least one uniform shirt.  Do you think AJ Green has to pay for his uniform?  He can afford it a lot more easily that Joe the ticket scanner, right? AJ Green makes way more than the guy scanning tickets, but guess who gets free tickets for games and guess who has to pay for them...life hain't fair, I guess.

Anyways, we could go on all night here, yes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Article on Stripe Hype - Nately120 - 07-10-2019, 06:45 PM