Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In case you forgot about Carl Lawson..
Steroid use has been around much longer than most people realize. As far back as the 1890s a pitcher who went by the name of "Pud" Galvin was using steroids or some form of it. It was first synthesized in 1935 and given to German soldiers, but animal testosterone had been used by athletes even in ancient times. 
We like to think it was only used around the 1980s or so, but the truth is far different from public perception. Since no real records were kept until recently there's really no way to know just how many of the great athletes in history used them.
Now, I'm not accusing anyone of using steroids now and in the case of Carl Lawson I have no idea. The only thing I do know is he was a pretty good defensive lineman. I have no idea of how he might play going forward which was my point in the earlier comment.. I never assume an injured player will fully recover to remain great forever.. Call it trolling if you must. I really don't care.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In case you forgot about Carl Lawson.. - grampahol - 07-09-2019, 11:30 AM