Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officials Respond To Public Records Request On Bengals' New Stadium Deal
(07-11-2019, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Want to know what is "getting screwed"?   I went from married to divorced in 2018 and it was finalized in October of 2018.  I always withheld my federal taxes at a single person rate....it doesn't make a lot of financial sense to allow the government to hold on to my money, but I always liked getting a refund....usually around $1000.  Something always came up that it handled.  Well, since I am now divorced, my tax rate went from something around 25% to nearly 34%....only because I am no longer married.  I owed $12,900 on my federal taxes and was only "single" for two months.  It didn't matter.  You are taxed on how you file.  Getting nut-punched for nearly $13,000 after an already hugely expensive marriage termination was not fun.  I have no idea why someone that is married saves money on taxes over someone that isn't.  And it wasn't like I wanted to be single again.  Although now I realize I'm much better off.... 

Hmm, this would make a smashing P&R post.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Officials Respond To Public Records Request On Bengals' New Stadium Deal - Nately120 - 07-11-2019, 11:32 PM