Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Gameplan's 2019 Bengals Preview

Reply/Quote
Wow! He's picking Morgan as our WR3. Where are the Ross fans?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2019, 07:42 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Wow! He's picking Morgan as our WR3. Where are the Ross fans?

Everyone knows what Ross has accomplished in college and his 2 yrs as an NFL player. I'm guessing these guys know too. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2019, 07:42 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Wow! He's picking Morgan as our WR3. Where are the Ross fans?

Trying to pick a fight much?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2019, 10:03 PM)McC Wrote: Trying to pick a fight much?

Nah, me?

I'm just wondering why no one is speaking up for the wonder boy when an analysis says that an undrafted rookie should be in Ross' spot.

Reply/Quote

I actually thought you meant to type Malone when I read this. I for one hope the czar is wrong and JR shows out like a boss. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If his grade for the LB'ers is accurate this team has a chance.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ross, Erickson, Morgan, Malone...no one would surprise me at that spot. 
Reply/Quote
if morgan comes in and outshines ross then we are all the better for it.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2019, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I actually thought you meant to type Malone when I read this. I for one hope the czar is wrong and JR shows out like a boss. 

With you on this bfine.   It's the hope centered time of year, I'm going to milk it for all I can.  If he lived up to his measurables our receiving corps would be scary.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2019, 10:06 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nah, me?

I'm just wondering why no one is speaking up for the wonder boy when an analysis says that an undrafted rookie should be in Ross' spot.

Meh, on this board we tend to pick a late round or undrafted rookie WR and claim that he COULD very well give opposing DC's NIGHTMARES!!!!  Is Morgan in the running for the 2019 "Golden Binns" award?  Time will tell!

(07-17-2019, 10:29 AM)3wt Wrote: With you on this bfine.   It's the hope centered time of year, I'm going to milk it for all I can.  If he lived up to his measurables our receiving corps would be scary.

Oh man, it's happening already!  I really feel like it's time to get ready for football when we start talking about how amazingly deep our WR corps is and start using words like SCARY and NIGHTMARE...you can almost feel the chilly autumn winds blowing!

Brrr!!! If Auden Tate....er I mean if Morgan can be used to his potential we will have a scaaaaary offense that will give opposing DC's niiiiiiiiiiightmaaares! MWA HA HA *lighting and thunder effect*
Reply/Quote

Did John Ross do something to you personally?  You act like he stole your girlfriend.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

Well, if a self described analyst said it, then it has to be true.  We all know they are never, ever wrong.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2019, 01:22 PM)McC Wrote: Well, if a self described analyst said it, then it has to be true.  We all know they are never, ever wrong.

Yeah, but part of being an analyst involves making statements and saying stuff.  No one is going to read an article called "Let's not rank the 2019 NFL QBs until 2020 because we can't see the future."
Reply/Quote
I know we always have that late-round or undrafted receiver that fans love to hype up but I think Stanley Morgan is actually a legit gem that will easily secure a spot. He was one of the best route runners in the class, had a 4th-5th round grade and he was the only bright spot from those mediocre Nebraska teams.

I hate to be the negative John Ross basher but I'm expecting Erickson to be our WR3 and Ross to be traded in the middle of preseason. I'd mention Malone too but he has to prove more than just having a good TC. Last year reporters were saying he looked just as impressive as Boyd yet disappeared for the whole season most likely cause of the tipped INT vs Carolina.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2019, 01:56 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I know we always have that late-round or undrafted receiver that fans love to hype up but I think Stanley Morgan is actually a legit gem that will easily secure a spot. He was one of the best route runners in the class, had a 4th-5th round grade and he was the only bright spot from those mediocre Nebraska teams.

I hate to be the negative John Ross basher but I'm expecting Erickson to be our WR3 and Ross to be traded in the middle of preseason. I'd mention Malone too but he has to prove more than just having a good TC. Last year reporters were saying he looked just as impressive as Boyd yet disappeared for the whole season most likely cause of the tipped INT vs Carolina.

so Morgan is this years Briscoe?
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2019, 01:56 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I know we always have that late-round or undrafted receiver that fans love to hype up but I think Stanley Morgan is actually a legit gem that will easily secure a spot. He was one of the best route runners in the class, had a 4th-5th round grade and he was the only bright spot from those mediocre Nebraska teams.

Based on what?  If they didn't try to trade him before the draft for draft picks, why would they trade him in the middle of preseason?  If he's not doing anything in TC, he has no trade value.  If he has a good camp, trading him would be moronic.  All in all, sounds like a pretty goofy notion.

Reply/Quote
I'd be fairly surprised if Erickson isn't the 3. He was the only semi-dependable receiver on the team when Green and Boyd went down and Driskel was under center. He IMO showed enough at the end of the year to be a productive number 3 on a non-injury riddled roster.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2019, 02:11 PM)McC Wrote: Based on what?  If they didn't try to trade him before the draft for draft picks, why would they trade him in the middle of preseason?  If he's not doing anything in TC, he has no trade value.  If he has a good camp, trading him would be moronic.  All in all, sounds like a pretty goofy notion.

I'm not sure what you get for him or who would want him at this point.  it would be a textbook example of selling low, which is always dumb.
Reply/Quote

You talking to me Chris? Eh, I like Morgan and Ike here but Morgan? He isn't ousting Ross man.

Once Ross gets some consistency in his game you are going to eat some major crow brother...
Reply/Quote