Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what point are you OK with a total rebuild
(07-20-2019, 07:33 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Other than a head coaching change, what actually changed?

Pathetic FA period?

Disastrous assistant coach hiring period?

Brown family speaking in condescending terms when pressed about team building strategy?

The bottom line is nothing much has changed.  The same lackluster approach to building a high end NFL franchise is still alive and well.  The team tried harder to get the stadium deal with the county redacted than to bring in difference makers in FA.

Sweeping coaching changes for the first time in nearly 30 years.  They hired more coaches and assistants then ever.  
Mike Brown has stepped back.  Yes, he is alive and shows up at practices. But he is no longer THE decision maker.  
Paul Alexander was not retained.  Bengals passed on H. Jackson which is great.  In the past, Bengals would have hired Jackson as HC and not look outside the organization.  This is a big change.  Even Veteran players are excited by the change in coaches.  

What "disastrous" assistant coach are you referring?  The preseason hasn't even started.  How are you reaching a conclusion about assistant coaches ability when not a single game has been played?  

What difference maker FA did you expect the Bengals to sign?  Bengals tend to sign their own or to extend contracts. 

The area that worries me the most is the O-Line and backers.  They did not improve at all there.  I do not know what FA offensive lineman they could have signed though.  The injury to JW hurts in a bad way.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point are you OK with a total rebuild - psychdoctor - 07-20-2019, 09:07 AM