Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what point are you OK with a total rebuild
(07-20-2019, 09:33 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Just because the Bengals finally joined the 20th century and allowed the head coach to fill his staff does not mean the staff is excellent.  Hiring Jim Turner is flat embarrassing.  Anuramo was about the 7th or 8th choice for DT.  For that matter, the reason the HC choice is suspect is Taylor was a OC for about a season and a half if you count college, and was clearly a knee jerk reaction to the Rams success.

Going into FA/the draft OL and LB were obvious weaknesses.  They’re still obvious weaknesses.  It’s more of the same...
No one is saying the staff is excellent.  I was referring to your original comments that there were really no changes.  Bengals wanted an offensive minded coach and Taylor was the hot commodity along with Eric Bieniemy.  I was leaning toward Bieniemy myself but also think Taylor was a good choice.  

I am holding judgment on Turner until after this season just to see if Hart et al.  improve.  I really wanted JDR for DC.  Taylor wanted others but they declined.  You can't blame Taylor if candidates decline.  

I will say the Bengals are unspectacular with FA picks. They do not bring in difference makers.  And yes, the OL and LB positions have not improved.  I do not understand why the OL has been neglected for years in terms of quality along the line. It seems the Bengals are content to just get by with the OL. Paul Brown always built the trenches. Bengals need to go back to this way of thinking.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point are you OK with a total rebuild - psychdoctor - 07-20-2019, 06:28 PM