Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what point are you OK with a total rebuild
(07-21-2019, 07:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the question is though: Can a team win with only 3-4 guys on offense that would be starters on most teams?

None of our offensive lineman would start on most teams. Green would. Mixon would. Boyd would.

Dalton would start on maybe half of the NFL Teams. Same with Eifert.

So basically over half of our offense is below average starters.

I'm attaching an article on Glenn because I think it shows what Glenn was before coming to Cincinnati (insert Bengalized joke here).  He was injured during parts of last season and clearly underachieved.  How much of it was Glenn and how much of it was the scheme and learning from a new offensive line coach?  He is learning a new offense again, but maybe he returns to his prior to 2018 form?  

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-bills-t-cordy-glenn-still-recovering-from-injury

A couple key points from the article:  
  • Seen as one of the premier pass-blocking tackles in the league, Glenn has ranked inside the top 20 every season but one in terms of pass-blocking grade with grades of 84.0 (2013), 83.2 (2014), 87.6 (2015) and 86.4 (2016). The only exception came in his rookie season.
  • Last season, Glenn only surrendered 17 total pressures, which ranked third among OTs, and had a pass-blocking efficiency of 96.4, which ranked eighth.
I see Glenn as a key piece in terms of returning to his prior form, or at least closer to it than he was last year.

Westerman is finally going to get his shot at the position he supposedly covets, and if he can avoid some strange disease where he drops 20 lbs right before the season starts, he could be an upgrade over Boling.  Sure, he lacks Boling's consistency but he is definitely a stronger guy and showed in limited action what he could do in the past couple years.

Price is the guy I am most excited about.  He looks absolutely massive, and seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.  He will be 100% for the first time in his young NFL career, and with a full camp and everyone learning a new offense together, I think his leadership and abilities will shine.  I think he will be the most improved player on the team.  

I honestly haven't watched Miller enough to speak accurately about him.  All I know is the Bengals wanted him and he has solid rankings, especially in run blocking.  A big upgrade over last year's tough but undisciplined Redmond.

And everyone's favorite whipping boy, Bobby Hart.  A man who turns 25 at the start of the season.  He has all the measurables.  He has a lot of NFL experience, but always made the dumb penalty at the wrong time.  I think he played well enough last year that being next to a more experienced RG will show a significant upgrade over a year ago.  People forget that Whit didn't start at OT until he was 27.  I remember Whit getting absolutely destroyed by Dwight Freeny at a game when he got moved to LT and he was coming back to the huddle with a dazed look on his face and shaking his head in disbelief.  I thought to myself:  "That guy has no business being out there" and now he is a borderline HOF.

I am not calling Hart a future HOF, but I do believe he will be in the top half of the league this year.  And that will be the makings of a very solid line.  There isn't a lot of depth, but the added running backs combined with the added emphasis on the rushing attack should play to the strengths of this line.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point are you OK with a total rebuild - SHRacerX - 07-22-2019, 09:17 AM