Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what point are you OK with a total rebuild
(07-18-2019, 11:15 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: New coach gives us hope for the coming year but if we get poor results are we better off playing the same cards in 2020 or should they cut their losses and try to build a whole new team? Even if they win eight games they are stuck drafting from a point that the QBs are gone. When the trade deadline comes and we are floundering I believe trading our aging players for draft picks will make the rebuild easier. The short time results would definitely be disheartening but I believe it would start us off in the new decade in a much better position. I know my views are not what is popular but it may be necessary to cut bait and rebuild.
Geeze, Fans on here are so into the Draft.  No, I don't want to see an all rookie team.   and no to the guy who is all into the 2021 draft in 2019.   The Bengals actually have a bunch of young players sitting under the Christmas Tree they have hardly used yet.   Then there is this thing of Trades. Fans think NFL trades are so easy to make.  People in the game say they are not.  

Now lets look at Bengals success in Drafts.  Every 1st round pick each year is injured and misses most or all their rookie year.  Excuse me if I'm not excited about trading for more of that. 

I'm all for NEW DEY.   That does not mean I want every veteran shipped off for an all rookie team to get clobbered.  If Bengals are lucky they may add a few good rookies each year that may become starters.  But the draft brings a lot of Duds also.  Making the jump from college to pro is not that easy.  For every few draft picks that do good, the majority don't make it. 

IF this team can block in 2019,  they have the players to pass, catch, run, score.  IF this team can block, Green, Boyd, Mixon, Dalton and others could score a lot of points.  It is not impossible for this team to block. 

So I'm not all into the negativity carried over from the last few bad seasons.  Or the negativity of people posting they don't like the off season moves. I'm not into the negativity at all.  So at what point am I for blowing it all up in a total rebuild ?   They just blew it up getting all new coaches and many new players. No, I don't ever want everybody let go for an all rookie team.  They would get killed and most would not develop into good starters anyway.  So here is to 2019 and NEW DEY.   I'm not even thinking 2020 draft and I'm sure not thinking 2021 draft and these coaches and players aren't either. GO BENGALS in 2019.  

I'm hoping the Bengals have some young players on this team that are here for a lot of years. The Bengals have good young talent at every position. This team already has many stars of the future on it. Bengals already have a lot of good young players from last 3 or 4 drafts that are just getting going. Bates Motel for one.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point are you OK with a total rebuild - kevin - 07-22-2019, 09:58 AM