Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what point are you OK with a total rebuild
(07-23-2019, 02:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good point.  Like in baseball, you can't have too many holes in your lineup.  I think a better scheme on defense makes a huge difference for the LB corps and between a Jordan Evans (who did improve last year), a healthy Preston Brown, a healthy Nick Vigil, and a group of young unknowns (Pratt, Davis, Jefferson) they can be at least average.  I still wonder if there isn't a late cut that will be added to the roster here.

The offensive line is the one that is now paper thin in terms of depth, and I would rather not wait for an injury to address that.  Moving Gio for Sanbrailo makes a lot of sense, although I really like Gio and want to see him used in this offense.  

Those are, by far, our most debatable weaknesses.  The back end of our defense could be lethal if the pass rush improves.  The skill positions you mentioned are there and they aren't rookies we are counting on.  

It is just so much more fun thinking about what it will look like with all new coaches.  

I just wish we would have signed 2-3 upgrades in free agency with our $50+ million.

A guy like LJ Fort at LB that signed fairly cheaply with the Eagles would have been a nice start.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point are you OK with a total rebuild - THE PISTONS - 07-23-2019, 08:57 PM