Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what point are you OK with a total rebuild
(07-23-2019, 08:45 PM)XsandOs Wrote: If we are talking a run at SB, I'm afraid that window is not only shut - it's boarded and bricked over.

I think we will have to replace some of those guys as well as some of the coaches, to open a new window.

Taylor may be the next McVay, but Brown isn't Kroenke. So, I don't think we will go all in in any significant manner. We went all in, last year. So that's the extent of it.....unfortunately.

I can definitely understand this POV, as we've never seen the Bengals go "all-in" in FA like we'd think they should do. 
However, there's still a chance.
Dunlap posted 8.0 sacks last year.
Geno posted 10.0 sacks last year.
AJ was on pace for 1200+ yards and 10+ TDs last year before he got hurt.
Dalton was on pace for 3700+ yards and 30+ TDs last year before he got hurt.

I don't consider the window fully shut until the core veterans are no longer on the team or are performing poorly. Neither of which is the case right now.

I heard a quote along the lines of, "Don't wait and hope things will get better, because things may never end up that way. Take action and make it happen." I see that this can be directly applied to the Bengals FO. They wait and hope for the key role players to stay healthy and that the drafted players develop into solid-or-better players. If they really want to try to make it happen, they need to take more action.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point are you OK with a total rebuild - ochocincos - 07-24-2019, 05:43 PM