Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Ready for Camp Cupcake!
Not sure about this but in ZT we trust....

https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-podcast-taylor-set-for-camp-less-is-more

With the loss of practice time (no two-a-days, less padded practices etc), and learning a new scheme. I'd think this is a big training camp. But maybe they are doing things differently now and ZT as a young coach understands the change more.

disclaimer: I was sad to see the Oklahoma drill go so I'm still trying to adjust to this new era of training camp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2019, 01:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure about this but in ZT we trust....

https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-podcast-taylor-set-for-camp-less-is-more

With the loss of practice time (no two-a-days, less padded practices etc), and learning a new scheme. I'd think this is a big training camp. But maybe they are doing things differently now and ZT as a young coach understands the change more.

disclaimer: I was sad to see the Oklahoma drill go so I'm still trying to adjust to this new era of training camp.

They do a much faster practice pace, so it makes sense that they're out on the field less.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2019, 02:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: They do a much faster practice pace, so it makes sense that they're out on the field less.

We'll see.   At this point I think ZT knows exactly what he's doing and it will work out for the best.  He's been very definitive about what he wants and why.  So far, everyone who's taking his practices in has been very complimentary.

Hope he does not prove me wrong.
Reply/Quote
Get ready for Camp Cupcake, or get ready for camp, cupcake?
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with shorter practices at a higher level of intensity.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping it means they won't all be beat up before the season even begins. I assume most of these guys are already in great shape for playing professional sports and ready to go. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2019, 01:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure about this but in ZT we trust....

Teams with new coaches were given extra mini-camp time, in order to allow players to get used to new systems/schemes, due to the reduction of practice time in camp.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
With how often our guys have gotten injured recently I am all for limiting opportunities to get hurt.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2019, 03:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: With how often our guys have gotten injured recently I am all for limiting opportunities to get hurt.

I hear ya.  We can all gripe about how the gameday rules and practices are becoming super wimpy these days, but how many Bengals fans do you think turned off their TVs and spent their Sundays doing something else other than watching Driskel throw the ball to Auden Tate?
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2019, 02:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Get ready for Camp Cupcake, or get ready for camp, cupcake?

Cupcake camp sounds delicious

[Image: 66265]
Reply/Quote
All I care is that they are fit and have the endurance to take on opponents. The quicker they ran out of gas, the likely to lose the game. I suspect this was an issue during the Marvin years, played toe to toe in the beginning, by games end The error penalties n pounding was tripled.
Reply/Quote
I actually like the idea of sitting Mixon during preseason games AP style..... But that's rb's and they take a lot of punishment and we'll need them "fresh" come December.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Kind of figured this would be the case as McVay had a reputation for going pretty easy on guys in training camp as well, IIRC.

I see people mentioning health, but let's not forget that the Bengals left training camp and the offseason last year virtually as healthy as they've ever been (which was a big factor in the hot start). You just can't account for when injuries will occur IMO, and their's all came later.
Reply/Quote
anything is better than Marvin handing out shirts that said
" we have to.tackle better"
"this isnt the Lingerie League, buckle up!!"
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2019, 04:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: I actually like the idea of sitting Mixon during preseason games AP style..... But that's rb's and they take a lot of punishment and we'll need them "fresh" come December.

I'd sit the hell out of Cordy Glenn, too.  I might let him play the first series in the first two preseason games and the it's the bubble wrap for him.
Reply/Quote
Everybody saying they like less practice, remember that when the first 5 weeks of the season is filled with penalties and missed tackles.
Reply/Quote
This thread makes me think about Johnny.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2019, 06:13 PM)impactplaya Wrote: anything is better than Marvin handing out shirts that said
" we have to.tackle better"
"this isnt the Lingerie League, buckle up!!"

I'm not sure id automatically assume a young offensive HC players have already called "more fun" is automatically going to demand more hitting and intensity than the old defensive guy he replaced.

Again I'm not saying I want Marvin here, but this whole notion that ZT automatically does everything way better already is being laid on a little thick.  
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 09:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure id automatically assume a young offensive HC players have already called "more fun" is automatically going to demand more hitting and intensity than the old defensive guy he replaced.

Again I'm not saying I want Marvin here, but this whole notion that ZT automatically does everything way better already is being laid on a little thick.  

To Zac's credit, he doesn't have a beer belly yet.  :giggle:
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 09:28 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: To Zac's credit, he doesn't have a beer belly yet.  :giggle:

That's cuz he's one of them wimpy millenial soy boys! Ninja
Reply/Quote