Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WRs on the lower depth chart have a chance to impress.
Josh Malone seems to be having a good camp again. He was the big story alongside Boyd last year and didn't see any time on the field outside of that freak INT against Carolina. Hopefully, he'll be able to carry it over to the real games this time.

I've been on board with the Stanley Morgan pickup. Games still have to be played but he's legit if you've ever watched a few Nebraska games. I can understand the doubt, though, considering we always have an undrafted WR to hype up every year.

Erickson will likely be the slot guy which I'm actually okay with. He had some big catches when he was put in the slot vs when he was on the outside while Ross was out for that stretch. I wonder who'll be replacing him on ST?

I know we haven't done well with AJ in the past, but that's due to the offense being heavily reliant on him and Eifert being on the field. When they went out, the old staff played guys and expected them to do the same things. They never adjusted. I highly doubt that ZT and Callahan will put Cody Core on a go route and expect him to catch that as AJ would. They'll put guys in position and the offense will still move, especially if Mixon has another big year. Not all hope is lost but I'm not expecting a 3-0 start either.

It just sucks cause it's another injury for AJ, in a contract year. I think we still end up paying him but I also wouldn't be shocked if this drags into the offseason as well to see if he doesn't get injured again.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WRs on the lower depth chart have a chance to impress. - Whodey614 - 07-29-2019, 10:37 AM