Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
Tonights Line-Up Stinks.....Really, Peraza and Aquino ???? They can now play Winker, Ervin, Senzel, Van Meter, Dietrich, Farmer more in OF and Van Meter, Dietrich, Farmer more at second. They can now get these bats in the line-up.....and the big move is to play Peraza and Aquino ???.....That is a LAST PLACE line-up, not a trying for First Place as Reds said Wednesday. Peraza never has developed into what Reds hoped, and why they need to sign Iglesias at short. Who is Aquino, are they kidding with this awful line-up. Well, it didn't score any runs, and that line-up never will. Never Will.

So Reds lose opener and will lose all the games with Atlanta with Peraza and Aquino at the plate. If they get their good hitters in, Reds need to take 2 out of 3 now just to get the split. Pirates must have bounced Bells head off that bat too many times in that fight, for him to come up with Thursdays line-up.

Instead of Peraza have Van Meter, Dietrich or Farmer at 2nd. Instead of Aquino have Ervin, Winker, Van Meter, Dietrich, Farmer, Senzel in the OF.....This isn't rocket science. Reds have 2 months to catch up, but they don't have time to figure out a simple thing like this. The Braves could sweep them and send Reds way backwards with Reds line-ups like last night.

I don't care what Aquino did in minors. Right now Van Meter needs to be playing every day. At 2nd or OF, but he needs to play every day. and what about Winker, Ervin, Senzel, Dietrich, Farmer ? Is Aquino the teachers pet moving to the head of the class ???

So here they are, getting Bauer, but then benching the bats that have been hitting and winning 3 series in a row, makes no sense.

I'm very upset with the Reds tonight. They have a team to make a run at First Place, but NOT with line-ups like Thursday Night. Pitchers will make mince meat out of Peraza, Aquino, Barnhart and the Pitcher and that is too many easy outs in a row to win. Meanwhile, Van Meter with best swing on the team rides the pines. Bell is Dingy if he stays with this.

I will add that you can not take Puig, Gennett, Van Meter, Winker, Dietrich, Farmer out of this line-up and replace them with Peraza and Aquino and expect to win any games, I don't care who is pitching for Reds. The very idea of Van Meter with his great swing sitting on the bench just makes me sick. Oh, they can play whoever they want, they can also finish 20 games out of First Place in Dead Last. To Bengals Fans, benching Van Meter who out played Puig to play minors Aquino, is like Bengals benching Mixon to play Al Bundy who scored 4 touchdowns in a game for Polk High School. I don't care if Al calls himself the Master of Disaster or whatever, you don't do it.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-02-2019, 01:30 AM