Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
Kevin. I totally respect your passion for the Reds and and I love your never give up attitude, but, dude. Roll one and relax. :-)-~~~

Until they are mathematically eliminated, I always think my favorite teams have a shot and can go on a run to make the playoffs but this is what happens to a #5 starter, ask Tyler Mahle.

Teams will put in a few backups in one game, hope for some magic and play their best matched lineups in the next four games with their better pitchers. Look for a more solid lineup as they go on a stretch with Wood, Bauer, Gray and Castillo pitching.

Great place to get a rookie's feet wet(no pun intended). Road game, Righty vs Lefty, backup manager, everybody talking about trades, fights, suspensions . . . Get the nervous first at bat out of the way and then hope for a few more relaxed at bats later in the game. Now that the ice has been broken, it'll hopefully be easier for Aquino to come in late in a game as a pinch hitter because he's already started a game, he's part of the team now. That's kind of why I still want to see Dietrich traded and Blandino get another shot. He might play better and more relaxed now that a lot of the guys he came up with in the minor leagues are in the Reds dugout now. He has the ability but he looked every bit of the part of a scared Rookie last year with SEVERAL "at bats" where said bat never swung.

Barnhart has been hitting pretty good since coming back from the DL and Farmer is the backup catcher right now. He's not going to be playing a lot in the field until Casali comes back and everyone else on the bench last night was a left handed hitter. I expect VanMeter to be a regular. This was just a day off for him and Winker against a left handed pitcher. Winker pinch hit against the lefty and looked over matched as he struck out on three pitches.

And Peraza? Early on in his career I said, there's something about this kid, but I just can't put my finger on it. The main thing that I've always liked about him is the way he carries himself. Never too excited after a big hit or bummed after a strikeout or an error. The moment is never too big for players like that. Brantley said last night that he's been hitting .300 for the last two months. Like Suarez and VanMeter, Peraza is very calm and relaxed at the plate. He did last night what we all praise Iglesias for doing, he had a two out RBI single to knock in their only run in a rain shortened game. I'd play Peraza over Dietrich any day of the week, 2nd base or OF. He's the perfect player to have on the field to adjust your defense around a double switch. I could be wrong, but, after pitching Tuesday night, I believe he's played every position this year except first base and catcher. It would be nice to have All-Stars at every position but you still need players like that to win.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-02-2019, 07:56 AM