Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
Nice win. Nice to go from Wood to Bauer. Win Saturday and get the series split with Gray on the mound Sunday to go for series win.

I liked Van Meter at 2nd because it opens up OF for other players. I'ld like to see Van Meter and Iglesias at 2nd and SS, sorry Peraza fans but Iglesias is flat out better.

Aquino has the worst batting stance and swing I've ever seen. His right and left foot and body all pointing heading towards right center as he points his bat out like he is Babe Ruth calling a home run to center. Not until pitcher is in motion towards plate does he bring his feet and body into the batters box and plate to line-up to swing. That may work in the minors. I can see major league pitchers eating him alive. He is not ready to hit when the pitch starts out. The good pitchers will have him too late on every pitch. That stance may work in the minors, it won't work in the Bigs against major league change ups and such. It is one of the worst batting stances I've ever seen. As the pitch is coming he is moving his feet backwards into the box, not forward and that is called stepping into the bucket. All his movement is sideways and backwards, not a sweet swing moving forward. Now Van Meter has a great stance and swing.

With Van Meter at 2nd, I would love to see Iglesias at short and in the outfield Senzel, Winker and Ervin. Votto and Suarez and Barnhart. Just ONCE I would like to see THAT line-up.

GO REDS SATURDAY and guarantee at least a series tie ....but with a chance to win series Sunday.....GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-03-2019, 04:44 AM