Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(08-04-2019, 02:40 PM)McC Wrote: To Reds pitchers--can you please stop the irritating and self defeating practice of getting to 0-2 counts and then insisting on turning them into 2-2 or 3-2 counts?  This is why Reds starters so rarely go deep into games and just walk way too many guys in general.  Throw strikes, damn it.

Sonny Gray has been his own worst enemy with exactly that. After two innings Gray 44 pitches Teheran 23. They'll be lucky to get 5 complete innings out of him and when you have Bell and Beneviedes pulling pitchers before their pitch count gets too high, you're putting too much trust into this bullpen. They were pretty dependable as a whole last year, not so much this year. 

Lorenzen last night . . . I blame last night on his delivery. He doesn't bend his back enough when he throws. He standing too straight up after his pitches are delivered. This leads to too much inaccuracy and you can't miss at this level. When you don't bend your back enough, you wind up aiming instead of throwing to a spot. I don't care if he threw a pitch 99 MPH, it was a ball on a 2-1 count when he needed a strike. He's been better than last year but he still has these moments where he truly takes the loss into his own hands. I hope this is a habit that he's growing out of.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-04-2019, 03:11 PM