Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(08-06-2019, 06:37 AM)kevin Wrote: They will do for now.  Garrett, Lorenzen and Iglesias are the Nasty Boys 2019.  If Reds make play-offs,  hopefully a healthy Mahle and Disco move to the bullpen, just as pitchers moved to the pen in 1990.  You only need 3 or 4 starters in play-offs, never 5.  Often the 4th starter sees little action and can be bullpen also.  Red Sox won first World Series in forever using both Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling in Game 7. .....but it is August and our long relievers will do for now.  The idea is that Castillo, Disco, Wood, Bauer, Gray won't need a lot of early inning help.  GO REDS. 

Gausman will be a reliever and hopefully help out if Johnson can fix him in time.  Wandy and Hernandez just stink.  I think the Reds will take 3/4 from Cubs but hopefully Bauer settles in and dominates.  IF the Reds can win today against the Angels and sweep the Cubs, they are .500 and likely within 3 or games out of first.  With this starting pitching, Reds have a chance.  The Bull pen makes me nervous.  Like Bengalfan74 said earlier, its like Hoover all over again.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - psychdoctor - 08-06-2019, 12:02 PM