Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
On this off day, let me throw something at some of you for your feedback.

What if Joey Votto has a good August and September ?

We know Reds will never bench him unless he is injured. Never dare mention trade, which deadline is over anyway.

So Joey Votto is at First Base. Other players that are hot get taken in and out of line-up, Votto plays every day.

So how KEY is it for Votto to play close to MVP Joey Votto ?

I mention this because when 1990 us mentioned people say Eric Davis. I was old even in 1990 and I tell everybody Eric Davis was injured in middle of season of 1990. Reds were lucky they had Billy Hatcher and Braggs and O'Neil. Eric Davis was healthy to start World Series and that was huge. So how huge would it be for Votto to get HOT last 2 months of season ?

How much would it help to have Votto be HOT against Cubs this weekend ?

Again, I point to Votto because he plays First Base every game. He is the highest paid Red. Much of if the Reds make a play-off run or fall backwards depends on a HOT Votto or a 2nd rate Votto.

I'm rooting he is HOT to go with Suarez at 3rd. People can talk about the young players and say a child shall lead them, but the hitting on this team to be play-off material needs Suarez to continue and Votto's bat heating up to get RED HOT.

Your thoughts ?......and remember, Votto is NOT a platoon player as OF, 2nd, SS, C..... He is in line-up every game. He and Suarez are the 2 true everyday players on this team now......How KEY is it for Votto to be hot the last 2 months ??? If Votto gets HOT, can you see Reds in play-offs ? I'm talking Votto being one of top Fantasy Baseball Points leaders last 2 months, in the top 5 or top 10 last 2 months, up there with Trout and other big name players. Could a Red Hot Votto take this team to the Play-Offs ?

I'll add there were years Johnny Bench struggled but got Red Hot down the stretch to play-offs as hottest hitter in the game those last months, and I'm saying it was huge. If Votto gets hot down stretch as Johnny Bench or Eric Davis in past, watch out for The Reds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-07-2019, 12:44 PM