Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(08-08-2019, 10:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Votto is a total mystery.  Apparently he is healthy, but it looks like he is now nothing more than a .260 hitter.  I don't think his physical skills have dropped off that much, but I also don't see him getting a lot better this year.

115 games is not just a "slump".  It is what it is for the season.

And I don't think this team can make the playoffs with a .260 no-power hitter at 1B.

I agree Fred

I don't claim to have any insider info or be a Dr. of any kind. But to me Votto is a head case.

He goes up to the plate and overanalyze's everything ! I don't think his hand eye coordination, bat speed, wrist strength or anything has dropped off that far. I mean sure age is catching up with him some, sure. But not to the degree the stats would imply.

If he would just get in the box and swing the damn bat and quit looking for the perfect pitch, the perfect zone, the perfect wind, and whatever the hell he's waiting on he'd still be a damn good hitter.

And fully agree we can't get this team in top shape with a 1Bmen having under 50 RBI's a season. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-08-2019, 10:11 AM