Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(08-16-2019, 09:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This is a bi-product of his somewhat chickenshit pitching style . . don't get me wrong, I think he's a stud pitcher, BUT he throws way too many pitches outside of the strike zone hoping he fools the hitter to swing at a ball. The problem is, if they don't swing, he's in the hole and now has to come into the strike zone while they're waiting for it. Plus it runs up his pitch count.

The 1st run was scored on a 3-2 slider right down the middle
The three run home run was on a 3-0 fastball right down the middle
The two run home run was on an 0-1 slider right down the middle. That had to be a mistake pitch.

And he sucks at bunting. Set the bat out there, keep it level, move the level bat up or down to let the ball hit the bat . . . don't lunge and stab at the ball. Very, very poor coaching. I'll not blame my punching bag Bell on this one, but something needs to be done. Little shit like that is why they suck at 1 run games.

I agree

I think he got lucky so to speak with a lot of batters swinging at a bunch of his pitches that weren't strikes and didn't even start out looking like strikes and he fell to in love with that pitching style. Now don't get me wrong I think he's well on his way to being a stud pitcher but he has to get out of the line of thinking that everybody is always gonna swing at junk !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-16-2019, 10:19 PM