Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
OK, Just the Facts as Joe Friday use to say.

The Reds in last 7 weeks only lost 1 series. However if they start this 8th week with a series loss to the lowly Padres, forget about it. Ut becomes like the NFL beer commercial of the coach that once after a loss jumped a reporter with, " Play-offs, You're taking Play-offs ??? This team isn't going to any Play-Offs "....Reds lose series to Padres in Cincinnati, and are way under .500 going into September, THE FAT LADY WILL BE SINGING.

Of course they haven't lost to Padres yet. Reds could come back in this series.

I can't be real excited about the All-Star Pitching staff that I thought they put together. Castillo, Bauer, Gray, Disco and Wood have not looked like the greatest staff ever so far, and far from it. The bullpen of Garrett, Lorenzen, Iglesias has NOT been the New Nasty Boys. Then there is the highest paid Reds, he of no bat and age declining skills. The small market Reds can not afford to have their highest paid players have back to back awful seasons. Votto will be 37 next year, and it appears Father Time is saying his best years are over. The highest paid player on a Small Market team can't be washed up and over the hill as Griffey Jr and now Votto.

So if the Reds win the Pads series, there is still some small hope. If they lose, there is only Marty Month. Many Reds fans will settle for Marty Month. I will turn all my sports focus on NFL, and in real life I have much to do once the heat breaks and we get into September. Much to do in the few good weather months Ohio gets between HOT summer and COLD winter.

If they lose this series to the Padres, stick a fork in Reds 2019, they are done. Have the Fat Lady stand on the Japanese Truck they never give away, and have The Fat Lady stand on that joke of a contest every year and sing the Curtain Call. The Japanese Truck that they mention every game, and in 20 some years have never gave one away, stupid contest. Get some use out of it and have the Fat Lady stand on it and sing, " and now it's time to say. sayonara "...If Reds lose Pads series.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-20-2019, 02:37 AM