Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick
(08-02-2019, 10:39 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I hated the fact that we traded up to get this guy.

But I'm certainly not one who ever viewed Ryan Finley as Dalton's replacement. F no. It's a tolerable choice if the hope is that he someday be a capable NFL backup, but if this guy was taken to be the future franchise QB, then Zac Taylor is going to have an NFL shelf life similar to a guy who is now managing steakhouses.

People also need to remember that Finley is prospect old. He didn't come out after his JR year. Guy played for, I think, 3 different major D1 teams, so he's got plenty of experience adapting to new offenses.

He's been a bust thus far. Maybe it's too soon to bury him, but I'd be less than shocked to find out he's given a pink slip before the end of the preseason.
Some players develop after entering the NFL. Some players are number1 picks and fade into oblivion. How about giving him more than a week of practices before we determine how he will turn out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick - Catmandude123 - 08-02-2019, 02:45 PM