Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your player that has low expectations that you feel may surprise?
(08-09-2019, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is an upside if he has shown production in college.

He was just a junior his last year at Texas, but he finished #8 in the nation in solo tackles (80) and #3 in the Big 12 in total tackles (110).  He had 10.5 sacks and 19 TFL his last two seasons.  People who are talking about him sucking on film must be talking only about his NFL rookie season.

I think the problem with Jefferson is that when fans saw that he ran the forty as fast as A J Green they assumed he was a cover LB, but even though he is fast he was never a cover guy in college.

As I always say stats only tell part of the story.

Case and point David Long Jr WVU 6th round pick to the Tennessee Titans.

His last two years Long had 186 tackles 34.5 Tackles for loss 10.5 sacks and 8 Passes defensed which are insane numbers for a linebacker but if you watch the games you can tell why he was a later round guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your player that has low expectations that you feel may surprise? - Synric - 08-09-2019, 01:02 PM