Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your player that has low expectations that you feel may surprise?
(08-09-2019, 12:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If all you have is athletic ability, but it never shows up on the field...is there really an "upside"?

I mean, it is a start if the coaches can get the rest out of him...

Must repeat that Haslett was a terrible LB coach.

(08-09-2019, 12:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Obviously, the video, as well as all the others, actually shows how many tackles he had...and you can actually watch him play and decide if he looks like a good LB or not. 

I will watch the video after work Rfaulk, I haven't watched his vids for a couple years now.

But when I did watch his Junior year I didn't think Jefferson looked bad at all. Big, fast, can tackle etc.

Just needs to learn the mental part of the game better. Maybe the new coaches can help him with this who knows.

(08-09-2019, 01:02 PM)Synric Wrote: As I always say stats only tell part of the story.

Case and point David Long Jr WVU 6th round pick to the Tennessee Titans.

His last two years Long had 186 tackles 34.5 Tackles for loss 10.5 sacks and 8 Passes defensed which are insane numbers for a linebacker but if you watch the games you can tell why he was a later round guy.

True, but i liked Long too. Good pick by the Titans, Long is a little small but it seems that is the way the NFL is starting to lean instead of big thumpers.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your player that has low expectations that you feel may surprise? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-09-2019, 01:18 PM