Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
3 players stock up and stock down from KC game
(08-13-2019, 12:16 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: The harping on the throw is what I'm getting lost on. Unless you guys don't watch a lot of other games, because it happens quite often in the NFL. Fact of the matter is, Dalton's deep throw stats are as good if not better than some of the best. 

It was underthrown. Could've been better. It was also a great play by a defender (seriously, he barely tipped it). 

What I liked was Dalton not being shaken, coming back out and throwing down the field to Tate. We need a confident Dalton and I think we are seeing it with this new offense. 

This.  It was an unfortunate throw.  Bad throws happen to every quarterback in the league - including the best.   It was a bad throw, it was bad he got caught flat footed and didn't adjust.  No way around the fact that it was a bad through to a wide open receiver.

I agree with Crusader.  One of the things that defines a good QB is that they are mentally tough enough to come back after a mistake and make a play.

Do we really think that great QBs don't make bad throws?   Especially in the first live action of the pre-season?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3 players stock up and stock down from KC game - 3wt - 08-13-2019, 01:27 PM