Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been thinking - 4th year players
(08-14-2019, 09:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree with Fred on this: typically a player makes his biggest jump going from rookie to 2nd season with a good bit showing improvement 2nd to 3rd year. Sure there's some late blooming going on here and there but by far if they ain't got it by year 4 all they're gonna do is be average at best.

Having said that who of our 4th camp players are worth keeping and who needs to be turned lose ? Here's the list:

Trey Hopkins C/G
Keivarae Russel CB
Christian Ringo DE
Andrew Billings DT
Christian Westerman G
Nick Vigil LB
Jeff Driskel QB/WR
Clayton Fejedelem S
Cody Core WR
Alex Erickson WR

I left Boyd and Jackson III for obvious reasons.

I feel our past leadership failed quite a bit in hanging onto guys who just didn't have "it" for to long. I'm hoping the new think tank is better in this area.

Trey-Really good depth player and can play all 5 OL spots.  Definitely a keeper.

Russell-Been a supporter of his, but CB is just way too stacked and he's being outplayed by other guys.  Has potential, but it's never clicked.

Ringo-He was an emergency depth signing last year, but there's better guys on the roster.

Billings-Never lived up to the draft hype, but he's still a solid starting NT.

Westerman-Always seems to pass the eye test, but there's obviously something 3 different OL coaches aren't seeing out of him.  I could see him cut if he can't win the LG job because the other guys are more versatile and Redmond will be waiting in the wings.

Vigil-Adequate starter/quality backup type.  Keeper on rookie deal money.

Driskel-Cut if he doesn't have trick play value.

Fej-Pro Bowl ST's guy and could start for a number of teams.  Keeper.

Core-Getting outplayed by the other bubble WR's.  Cut.

Erickson-Kinda mediocre as a WR and limited upside, but you don't cut your return man unless someone has definitely taken his job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've been thinking - 4th year players - Whatever - 08-15-2019, 12:13 AM