Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Westerman is considering retirement
(08-20-2019, 09:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know what you mean, but at the same time deciding whether a man's characteristics are positive or negative is very often a deductive decision.  Marvin wasn't a SB winning coach, so when he didn't talk he was being evasive or just a smug jerk with too much job security.  Meanwhile, Bill Bellichick refuses to answer questions and he's a shrewd genius who plays it close to the vest and wisely keeps his words of out the mouths of the media jackals.

If things go sideways this season and/or something big happens behind closed doors in Bengal-land I can see ZT being less transparent, or his transparent nature going from being transparent to having ship-sinking loose lips.

And that will be interesting. Young coaches all probably think they can go in and turn a team around...but the same management team is here that hasn't won a single playoff game in 28+ years. And bam underwhelming offseason and injuries.

Time will tell...but it may test him.

I feel like after all this time that Marvin just broke. He seemed pretty down the past 2 years.

Normal organizations give a coach 3-4-5 years to win a playoff game. This management team gave him a decade and a half. That created strange circumstances.

I kinda wish Marvin went to another team at some point to see if he could win with normal management.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Westerman is considering retirement - THE PISTONS - 08-20-2019, 10:21 PM