Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Westerman is considering retirement
(08-23-2019, 06:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, neither do you..   My point is, none of knows exactly what transpired, the information released by the team is very limited.  We all use our imaginations to create our own scenario of what might have went down.  Just because you don't like one fan's interpretation of the situation, does not mean that his take on it is any lessor or greater than any one else's.

There is absolutely no need to initiate, and then perpetuate, dialogue with a member that you obviously do not agree with, for the purpose of making him appear "wrong" for having his own opinion.  

And, that message goes for all of us.  Let's be real for a moment, it's going to be a rough season for Bengal fans.  There's absolutely no need for fans of the same team to start turning on one another.  Personally, I expect the team to get off to a disappointing start, and then begin building and growing, as the season rolls along.  By the end of the season, this entire "Westerman considering retirement" saga will be but just a blip on all of our memory banks..

Sunset, the reason for the pushback is because there is claim of truth without any evidence to support those claims. When some of us get into debates, we often like to provide our own sources of information (right or wrong) and will push the opposition to do the same.

If the wording was "I believe" or "I feel" it probably wouldn't be met with as much criticism because it would be evident it was an opinion rather than fact.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Westerman is considering retirement - ochocincos - 08-26-2019, 10:25 AM