Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Westerman is considering retirement
(08-25-2019, 10:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the bottom line is we are going to see more and more of this. As the medical field becomes more and more knowledgeable about CTE, and legends like Jim Brown are show going to the podium to announce a draft pick with the aid of a walker, there will be more players who make a nice amount of money and think about getting out healthy. If they have a decent degree, or even not, as long as they have smart investment counselors, they can play golf the rest of their life instead of being in pain. It's a lot to think about for someone at that stage.

I guess the lack of information in this case and Westerman's sudden request for leave has many fans wondering why.  Not quite as bad, however, to Luck's sudden announcement.  ZT stated that Perkins retirement and Westerman's considerations for retirement were unrelated but the timing and proximity for both players announcements raises suspicion.  

I hope Westerman's physical and mental health is sound.   If it is an issue of motivation, or the fact he cannot crack the starting line-up, then sometimes an athlete has the choice to walk away or keep grinding.    
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Westerman is considering retirement - psychdoctor - 08-26-2019, 05:11 PM