Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Redskin Game stock uo and down
Stock Up:
Ryan Finley - His draft report read that he was full-field reader, it doesn't hurt him that he played a pro-style passing attack. Because he played 6 years of college football, he was good at using his eyes to bait safeties and disguise his intentions and good pocket poise to counter and defeat blitz-happy defenses, most importantly he trusts his talent and works with confidence. It's rang true so far.

I'm not one for QB controversies or one that just assumes the backup is better. History show's that 98 percent of the time that bites you in the butt and has plagued franchises like the Browns. It was like the black plague to most NFL teams, but teams like Green Bay have dealt with it. Most great teams don't have QB controversies, but having said that to say that Ryan Finley isn't applying some competition would be an understatement.

Zac Taylor - He gives everybody a fair chance, everybody that can catch a ball, has had a ball thrown their way. He's not afraid to give a guy a chance that has been balling hard at practice, where Marvin was much more reluctant. He's not afraid to go with his instincts or to listen to his staff cause he knows they might be seeing something he's not. Most people didn't have Drew Sample or Ryan Finley high on their list, but Zac Taylor did. He went with what he knew and both seem to be working out, but it is very earlier.

Defense - I know most people will say that they haven't looked great, which may be true. However, you have to realize that this defense, was arguably the worst defense in NFL history last year. If we finish 20th this year, that's a huge improvement. It's not where we want it to be, but it is an improvement. I've liked what I've seen from Pratt. They looked more comfortable and progressively better from game 1 to game 2.

Stock Down.

Penalties, I've seen more flags the last two games then an actual flag football game. This will need up costing us games if this happens in the season. It's still early and can be fixed.

Slow starts, I've seen some slow starts to the preseason games this year. The Bengals have looked better as the game has went on, to me, in both games. Which means Zac Taylor is making the neccessary adjustments, but we need to start a little faster and be more crisp from the get go.

Running Game/Run Blocking - We aren't getting a lot of push, I do see effort on their part. I see them sweating and working, but it just hasn't looked great so far. I don't think we have tried too hard to impose our will on the ground game much and I haven't seen much of our two top RB's this preseason. It looked better tonight with Price in.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Redskin Game stock uo and down - Luvnit2 - 08-15-2019, 11:45 PM
RE: Redskin Game stock uo and down - jason - 08-19-2019, 02:56 PM
RE: Redskin Game stock uo and down - J24 - 08-16-2019, 12:36 AM
RE: Redskin Game stock uo and down - Au165 - 08-16-2019, 11:37 AM
RE: Redskin Game stock uo and down - Au165 - 08-16-2019, 12:15 PM
RE: Redskin Game stock uo and down - Au165 - 08-16-2019, 12:18 PM
RE: Redskin Game stock uo and down - McC - 08-16-2019, 12:58 AM
RE: Redskin Game stock uo and down - J24 - 08-16-2019, 12:56 AM
RE: Redskin Game stock uo and down - McC - 08-16-2019, 07:49 AM