Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The kicking battle should be over...
(08-19-2019, 02:50 AM)Roland Wrote: Elliott kicked a 61 yard game winner in their second game of their SB season against the Giants.  They had lost their opener against the Chiefs so their season may have turned out differently if they'd started 0-2.

Elliott also scored 117 points that season, hit every field goal that he attempted in the playoffs (although he missed 2 PAT), and scored eleven points in the Super Bowl.  

Equating his contribution to that of Jeremy "Butterfingers" Hill with the Patriots is idiotic.  Hill played in one regular season game for the Patriots and scored no points before getting hurt.   He was not invited back to camp this year which gives you an idea of how the Patriots rate his contribution. 

I didn't equate their contributions, I just said the comment "he has a super bowl ring" means nothing. Hill's is just as nice as Elliott's. And I was pulling for Elliott when he was in competition here, he just didn't win it.  Good on him for making himself better. But to act like he won the competition here and just didn't get hired is stupid.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The kicking battle should be over... - Sled21 - 08-19-2019, 09:46 AM