Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The kicking battle should be over...
(08-22-2019, 03:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah I wasn't trying to rehash why we let him go. More trying to point out the guys the Rams brought in IN ADDITION to McVay with the performances.

IF we added a guy that graded out as a Top 3 Tackle, and a couple Top 30 WR's and a Top 15 Center, imagine how much better off we'd be.

A top 15 C would cost $7+ mill a year.
A top 3 OT would cost $12+ mill a year.
A couple top 30 WRs would cost $8+ mill a year each ($16+ mill a year combined).
----------------------------------------------
~$35 mill a year

Obviously, you're referring to the caliber player and not their contract, as the Rams had a cap hit in 2017 of the following players:
Whitworth - $9.1 mill (contract was back-loaded)
Sullivan - $1 mill
Woods+Watkins - $8 mill combined (Watkins was on rookie deal)
---------------------
$18.1 mill

Rams were able to play the cap well, find a gem in Sullivan, and were willing to trade Gaines and a 2nd rounder for Watkins to save some cap too.

On the flip side, the Bengals (over?)value their current players and draft picks a lot. I don't know if they'd ever consider trading Dre Kirkpatrick, for example, to get some OL, LB, or receiver help. Or would they be willing to part with a 2nd rounder for a player entering the last year of his rookie deal, knowing there was risk the player could leave in FA the next year? Would they risk signing OL from outside FA to big money?
I'm not confident they would do any of these things.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The kicking battle should be over... - ochocincos - 08-22-2019, 04:53 PM