Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
(08-19-2019, 03:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here are some of the biggest ones:

- John Ross has been outproduced by the other receivers the past two years (although stats say otherwise).
- John Ross is healthy but just doesn't want to play in preseason! (although it was JUST reported he's on the rehab field the other day)
- John Ross just wants to collect a paycheck! (although not once has Ross ever said he didn't want to play or be in Cincinnati, all pure speculation because of his lack of stats)
- John Ross runs gives up on a routes and runs wrong routes! (only "proof" of this is the deep pass against TEN in 2017 where Ross slowed up and the ball went incomplete, not a proven constant reoccurring theme)

I don't know where those first 3 come from. There's no evidence that those things are true at all.

As for the 4th one, he has run routes incorrectly multiple times with the Bengals and he has given up on some routes, which we have all seen and Marvin even called him out on one of them, something Marvin rarely ever did with a player. When writers write about his "inconsistency issues" they are talking about his route running and possibly some about his hands. If a WR is consistently running his routes correctly and catching the ball, I'm not sure there is much else that could make a WR inconsistent. And, as I have said several times, his run blocking seems decent and he gets out and gets a body on the DBs.

I *still* would like to see him get it together and really take over that WR3 spot. But when he isn't practicing at all it's hard to believe it will happen soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - BengalChris - 08-19-2019, 04:16 PM